Thursday, April 10, 2008

Blue Skies

Some days are decidedly better than others. For example, if I slip on a banana peel, get milk spilled on my pants, get slapped by a beautiful woman, get spat on by a three year old, get in a flying crash in midair, hurt my left skittle, and vomit on my favorite piece of grass it is a decidedly bad day. Today, though, was not such a day. Well, it all really started yesterday. I was working on a crew putting together a Miss America pageant, when the judges got really hungry. Miss Alabama wasn't doing anything so I asked her if she wanted to fly with me to grab the judges a bite to eat. Miss Alabama, being the incredibly intelligent and beautiful Miss Alabama that she is, said she would much rather walk to save the environment. (Not that I put off any emissions when I fly) I got to talking to Miss Alabama and found that I had absolutely nothing in common with her. Even though she was an intelligent and beautiful young woman, I realized I could have nothing short of acquaintance with her and here is why. She doesn't like skittles. I know! Who doesn't like skittles? Well obviously Miss Alabama. Anyways, we got our food and went back to the pageant and the crew told stories back stage. Of course, the crew was comprised of my fellow super heroes, including Delicate Daisy (making the world more beautiful and ecologically friendly by planting flowers and trees). After the pageant had concluded (long but definitely worth it, world peace is on my agenda too, ladies), Daisy and I made our way to the coolest burger joint in town and ate some delectable vittles. We talked and she reaffirmed that she loved skittles. I realized that I did too (of course I did!!) and we had a long conversation while I flew Daisy home. After encounters with Spirited Woman, it is nice to encounter intelligent, beautiful, and friendly women who enjoy talking to handsome, superheroes.

5 comments:

the Hitman said...

Tough luck buddy, i know how it feels to have someone you know and revere not to share them back.

Paul Hill said...

I didn't have tough luck! I met Delicate Daisy of course!

the Hitman said...

true dat.

Philosopher said...

Personally, someone who doesn't like skittles is too normal to be even considered remotely worthy of super-hero abilities of any sort.

Meg said...

Hey, I was wondering if you would mind making a list of all your super hero buddies. You know, a list with their names and abilities. I can't keep them all strait but I would love to! lol. Liked the blog.