Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A fun poem about life

Not only am I a super hero, but I sometimes write poetry. I thought I'd share this poem.

To be Human

Have you felt happy to be you?
I hope you have, it’s the best!
You know you were chosen for now,
today, to help someone in need of you.

Do you ever feel alone?
I hope not, but most do.
You feel like no one understands, and
you may be right, but I doubt it.
Have you ever felt love?
Love so strong, tears coursed
down, along your cheeks, tracing
trails once carved only by sorrow.

Do you ever feel loss?
A loved one, gone seemingly
forever, but not, for they’re in
your heart, framed forever.

Do you ever feel smart?
The world can’t bring you down,
or so you think, until she says
‘How dumb’ and then you think the same.

Do you ever feel life?
Vibrant as night life in a large city,
Flowing through the world, helping
you to feel like a human,
part of the world, part of something big.

How can you say you’re human, if
never having experienced these, you
don’t know how to feel?
I say you can’t, because you’re not.

Humans feel happy, alone, love, loss,
smart. They feel life penetrating
every pore, every opening, every particle,
telling them, ‘You’re alive.’

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And now you have beat me at writing. *Sigh* Is there anything you CAN'T do?